Online marketing provider
Project 2 - Market development
This Australian site was an online market with innovative functionality and appeal to individuals, businesses, organizations and communities. In our first project, we revised key messaging on their website and in all promotional tools and had increased their visitation rate by 300%.
The company then sought to create a new regional trading community but:
- It had limited sales and marketing resources
- The present site was positioned to a global market
- Key personnel were focused on service delivery and support
- Suitability of the existing site to regional needs was unknown.
To promote a regional online market for a community in NSW that could be used as a model for future expansion.
- Met with industry representatives to understand community priorities
- Revised sales tools to reflect regional issues and needs
- Wrote content for a revised website targeted to regional needs
- Test marketed and prospected in the local community
- Created customised email-able brochures for different community groups,
associations and business types
- Prospected 88 organisations on behalf of our client and mailed to 52
- Liaised with local media and created content for ads
- Developed competitions and incentives
- Managed the whole campaign on behalf of our client.
Within 6 weeks our client had:
- A site which was regionally branded and recognised
- 5 businesses listing their products on line
- 2500 individual items listed
- A model site for expansion that was clearly different to the main site.