Federal government group
Project 1 - Pitch templates
This Australian government group is responsible for promoting investment in Australian Biotech companies. Working with established Biotech companies as well as startups, it regularly hosts investors from Europe, Japan and the USA, including major pharmaceutical companies and investment funds, to meet with and evaluate the potential of groups of 50 or so Australian companies, with a view to facilitating and gaining investment.
The group has:
- Limited staff yet a diverse range of clients across Australia
- Limited detailed technical knowledge of Biotechnology
- The need to meet investment quotas.
To create a set tools for Biotech companies to present their offerings to potential investors; to do so in the most concise, succinct and persuasive way.
Drawing on our experience in Biotechnology, with startup companies and with investor forums we:
- Drafted a set of questions likely to be asked by investors
- Interviewed an existing Biotech company to determine how it would answer them
Wrote a detailed guide to selecting and assembling information to answer each question
- Incorporated input from a major US pharmaceutical company
- Interviewed the Biotech company for market, competitor and product details
- Created a fictitious company and product by changing all the these details
- Created a branded PowerPoint presentation answering all the questions using fictitious data
- Created a blank PowerPoint presentation to be filled by investees.
In 3 weeks the Government group has a complete Investor pitch set for Biotech startups:
- Investor Pitch Guide - how to pitch to investors
- Investor Pitch Example - what a finished Investor pitch presentation looks like
- Investor Pitch Template - a blank to fill by each company.
“This exercise made us think about our product and business quite differently, from outside not from within the company with our own beliefs and priorities. Technoledge gave us help is in reorganizing the content, rewriting material and editing these to fit the format and flow. By the time it was finished, it was much more direct, clear, compelling and far better organized”
Managing Director, Biotech startup
Back to CLIENTS