Compliance ASP vendor
Project 8 - Overseas markets
This Australian company had developed a compliance-related service (ASP or SaaS) with relevance in government and major corporates.
In previous projects we had:
- Defined its marketing strategy for growth without additional headcount
- Profiled, qualified and engaged resellers for its Australian channel
- Profiled and qualified resellers for its NZ channel
- Trained sales personnel from their newly appointed national reseller
- Updated its website to differentiate its offering competitively
- Written a successful application for a COMET grant for our client.
To evaluate our client’s potential to enter 3 overseas markets (India, China and the UK) in the most cost-effective manner.
- Submitted our client’s profile to the UTS School of Marketing for consideration as a case study for the Masters project in International Marketing.
- When this was successful, we held initial and ongoing meetings with the group of 6 Masters students, briefing them on the technical and marketing merits of the offering
- Managed information flow between our client and the Masters group to enable preparation of a comprehensive international marketing plan for our client, evaluating the potential and detailing the strategy to enter the Indian market, at no extra cost to our client and with maximum efficiency for both parties.
- Consulted with the Chinese specialist from a regional marketing group, to evaluate its capacity to assess our client’s potential China, and reported back to our client
- Compiled a dossier of documents for the specialist to prepare briefing materials for its own team on the ground in China, and managed technical and marketing edits.
- Liaised weekly with the Chinese team, and evaluated their draft and final reports on behalf of our client, including recommendations for additional information required.
- Evaluated an Austrade offer of group promotion to the UK market of our client’s services.
- Recommended that the concept had merit for the small investment needed
- Prepared service and corporate documentation for Austrade on behalf of our client, focusing on the utilities sector and benefits our client’s offering
- Liaised weekly with the Austrade representative in the UK with our client
- Managed information flow, technical and marketing edits on behalf of our client.
Over 12 weeks our client gained:
- A comprehensive International Marketing Plan for its service to India, including regional opportunities, political pitfalls, social consideration, growth projections and cashflow analysis – for no cost to our client
- A comprehensive appraisal of its potential in parts of China, including feedback from prospective clients on service formats and price points, the political considerations, regional variations and overall feasibility assessment.
- Exposure to 30 major UK utilities organisations via Austrade at very little expense.
For very little extra investment, our client was able to conclude that the 3 major overseas markets it wasconsidering:
- represented longer term potential, if the company was prepared to make significant modifications to its service
- represented higher risk than its current markets, particularly in relation to protection of Intellectual Property
- were less profitable and less feasible short term than expanding and consolidating the local market.
“Tracey’s insight, knowledge, contacts and work ethics combined to deliver real value to our company’s direction.”
Compliance ASP vendor